The London Tattoo Convention 2017 Photo Pass Requirements and Photography.
Please note that photographers must respect that the members of the public at The London Tattoo Convention come first and foremost. While we very much appreciate the vast amount of media coverage generated over the last few years, we have increasingly had complaints from paying customers telling us that they have not been able to see or fully enjoy as many of the attractions as they would like to, because of the multiple photographers camped out in front of stages.
As a result we now have to tighten the rules up from previous years, these are:-
- We will only accredit photographers who have been commissioned by major media or major photo agencies. Proof of this must be supplied.
- We will not issue photo passes to freelancers who ‘want to build my portfolio’, or ‘are studying for a photography diploma’, or ‘would like to broaden my range of photography’, or ‘would love to cover the tattoo convention for you’.
- Any non-media accredited freelancers we DO give a pass to must agree to provide The London Tattoo Convention with a minimum of 20 gratis images for future publicity use. You must ask permission ahead of the London Tattoo Convention, All permit requests must be made in writing by email. email@example.com
- The International London Tattoo Convention do not permit flash photography or additional lighting equipment, Popup Studios (unless you are a permitted Photographer, Freelancer, a member of the Press or part of the LTC Official Photography team.) Tripods, backdrops and lighting are only authorised at the organisers discretion and are not allowed around the Stage areas (Lower floor and Upper floor) for the safety of the Public and the Performers.
- Mobile Phone Photography and small compact cameras are Ok for general public, (while still adhering to the rules above of no flash and tripods etc).
The International London Tattoo Convention